Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Summer "Bucket" List: Strawberry Fizz

They went so fast, this is the only picture I could get!
This refreshing drink is good during strawberry season, but I decided to make it this week for some summer fun. The recipe originally came from The Redwall Cookbook by Brian Jacques.


1 quart strawberries, hulled
1 cup strawberry ice cream
4 teaspoons - 4 Tablespoons sugar, depending on how tart the strawberries are
1 cup seltzer water

Combine the strawberries, ice cream and sugar in a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate for one hour.
Stir in seltzer water and serve immediately.

originally posted Jul 29, 2013

6 comments:

  1. This sounds so nice. I wouldn't have thought of putting the water with ice cream. Must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love all of Jacques descriptions of creative creature foods in the Redwall books - he clearly loved food. I didn't know there was a Redwall cookbook - will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds refreshing AND yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this recipe with champagne recently. I can swear it's very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you recommend the cook book? My guys are reading through the Redwall series at the moment and I'm sure would enjoy a cook book to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.